Monday, February 7, 2011

Repurposed


As I was washing my dishes this morning, I realized how many of my household items have been repurposed by Sticks. I was washing the peas and carrots out my cute little custard cups today when I realized this was not their intended purpose. I remember registering for them when I got married. I envisioned making fancy dessert in them or perfectly portioning out all my spices for elaborate dinners like they do on the TV cooking shows. I never expect them to be used to feed my daughter.

This realization made me look around and take inventory of all the other items that have been repurposed. My couch is no longer just for sitting on, it is now a standing/ walking device for Sticks to cruise around the living room with. Old Tupperware containers, plastic lids, 2 liter bottles of soda (empty, don't worry) and kitchen spoons are music instruments, chew toys and very cool crawling toys.

I knew my life would be transformed by Sticks, but never realized all my stuff would be transformed as well. I think I love those little custard cups with peas and carrots in them more, than anything else I have ever put into them before.

No comments:

Post a Comment