Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Mimic

I can't believe how quickly time goes. My little baby girl is now *gulp* 16 months old. I have discovered that I am so far really enjoying this toddler thing. She is now talking, even a few sentences, she laughs all the time, walks around and by new favorite thing she mimics us. It's like watching a small mirror image of yourself. She does things and I think where does she come up with these things. Later I realize that I did the same thing. It's so cute to watch her pick up the CD remote control and talk to her imaginary friends. She is chatting up a storm and laughing. She ends by saying "k bye". 

All this mimic behavior has really got me thinking about how my behaviors, even the ones I don't realize have an impact on her life. Sticks is an amazing child so full of promise, zeal and gumption. She is also empty in many ways just by being a baby and still learning. She fills in those voids by what she learns from her surroundings, (a.k.a. me, our family and friends). Seems daunting this task of raising a child and filling her with all the right influences and just the right amount of the bad ones to help her choose. Plus, making sure that I am living a life that is worthy to be immolated. These are the moments as the Strobelized Mommy that I could have never planned for. The feeling that people can't truly describe to you before the baby. The moments where you realize that you are really in charge of a life.

This Strobelized Mommy is praying that I will be a Godly woman that my daughter can follow as an example. I don't want to be politically correct or what our society has deemed that I should be. I want to follow the example of women like Ruth, Deborah and Miriam. I choose them any day over Gloria, Hillary or Rosie.

No comments:

Post a Comment