Monday, June 17, 2013

The Little Peanut is on the Move!

Our sweet little peanut has reached the major milestone, that I hate the most CRAWLING. I think of all this things that children do this is my least favorite (so far, I reserve the right to change in the future.) I clean my house, and yet when your child is crawling you realize how dirty your "clean" floors are. Babies find stuff you never knew existed in your home. I remember when Sticks was crawling I was so over it, luckily so was she and she only crawled for a maybe 2 months.

I realized this week that as much as I hate this crawling business, I really don't like it with a 3 year old around. Now I am picking up choking hazards and random papers for what seems like all day. It is surprisingly exhausting. I now have to vacuum and sweep everyday. 

It's funny to watch the crawling process, it starts out so uncoordinated. They flop around in a mixture of army crawling and what can only be described as some form of a beached whale thrust. In the last week she has got the rhythm down and is getting much better and much faster. Yesterday I was getting something for Sticks and I turned around and she was two rooms away. Here's to less free time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment