Friday, September 3, 2010

A Day with the Nephews

My brother and I really didn't get a chance to spend a lot of time with our cousins growing up. On my father's side of the family we were the youngest by 15-20 years. Most of my cousins were in their 20's and 30's by the time we came along. On my Mom's side everyone was a little geographically scattered so we kind of missed the opportunity there as well. All of this to say I am so thrilled that Sticks gets to grow up with cousins that are close in age to her, well on my side at least Daddy's side is a long story for another day. My brother and his wife welcomed their first son (aka #1) into the world in February of 2009 and their second son (aka #2) was only born in August of this year. Today their whole family came down and spent the day with us at our house. It was so fun to have all the kiddos together. Sticks is quite short compared to #2. It is so funny to see them next to each other. He is much longer than her already. This is further evidence that she is getting her height from me. Poor baby girl. #2 is also so much more mellow than Sticks. We placed them side right next to each other and Sticks was kicking her legs and moving her arms and talking #2 just kind of sat there and looked at her. It was almost like he was saying in his head get this crazy girl away from me. Poor #1, he is stuck with 2 little babies.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, poor number one just has to wait a couple of years - and then he will be The Boss, the eldest, the head cousin (that is if Lizzie decides to let him think he is...)

    ReplyDelete