Thursday, September 23, 2010

The New Math

So I am quickly realizing that anything I do now falls under new math. In my previous pre-baby life I could accomplish a million things in a day and work full time. Now living in my new life, post baby, I am living under the new math. Baby + any task = hours of work and not much accomplished/finished. Being a very task orientated person this brings me so much daily frustration. One would think after three plus months into mommy life I would realize it and give myself some grace. Not so much. Every time I give myself a to do list, I am surprised. Simple tasks are like now take forever to accomplish, bathroom cleaning 1 hour, laundry a full 2 day event, picking up the house NEVER ENDING! LA LA LA!!!!

In the midst of my frustration, I have become more organized with dinners and shopping. I have my dinners planned out for 3 weeks and shop for everything all at once. Of course, there are the additional grocery trips for perishables items (milk, fruit, etc). Doing dinner this way has saved my life, and my grocery bill. I can't imagine shopping every week, I don't know where I would find the time or effort to put into it. It has also greatly reduced my grocery bill every month. So far I am averaging less than $300. Not too shabby for a family of four. It's great also because we will live Sticks home with her sister and Dave and I have a fun date night at the Stater Bros. (OK I fully realize I am delusional and trying a mundane activity into a date. BUT, in my defense with a baby, a teenager and a pastor hubby, a girls gotta sneak in alone time with her man somehow right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment