Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Transformation

So becoming a Mom was something I always wanted to be. Ever since I was very young all I ever really wanted is to be a wife and mom. As I got older and my life became further away from being a Mom I found comfort in my career, ministry and friendships. I became very accustom to the life I had created and at times thought that being a Mom full time would be too hard, demanding, or something I would not like. I enjoyed my nice dinners at Flemings, my clean house and the ability to get up and go whenever I choose to. It's amazing to see myself transforming from the woman who seldom cried, struggled in my friendships with other women, needed my independence and alone time to my current state. I now cry at commercials and news stories about children. I love planning out dinner from my family and currently have three weeks of meals planned, date assigned and groceries purchased for. I also did some light gardening recently, baked a cake from scratch and find myself wishing I knew how to sew. YIKES! I am one step away from canning my own peaches and buying a farm. It has been an amazing journey thus far. I can't wait to see how the changes in me continue. All this to say I am blessed beyond belief with my new life as a Mommy to Sticks!